Dear Parent or Guardian,
We know how important your child's health is, especially during the school season when illnesses as basic as the common cold or as serious as the H1N1 flu virus can spread. Two of the most important ways to help prevent the spread of infectious germs are proper hand washing and disinfecting surfaces.
Your child has been learning about health and hygiene in class with the Lysol® Germ Detectives program, developed by child education experts and reviewed by the Canadian Institute of Child Health.
The Lysol Germ Detectives program uses interactive educational activities and fun games to explore how and why everyone should practise good hand and surface hygiene.
The Lysol Germ Detectives Team
An Overview of the Lysol Germ Detectives School Program
With the Lysol Germ Detectives Program specifically designed to work with Canadian elementary school JK to Grade 2 curricula, your child will learn valuable lessons about surface and hand hygiene during teacher-guided activities that include:
- Lessons in class to demonstrate how germs are spread between hands and surfaces and how to prevent this
- A class exercise in the washroom to teach students how to properly wash their hands
- "Missions" – activity sheets with healthy messages that your child will complete in class and at home
- And more
Healthy Habits at Home
Help reinforce healthy habits in your home. Here's how:
Emphasize the importance of washing hands:
- After using the washroom
- Before and after handling food
- After playing outside
- Whenever hands are visibly dirty
Disinfect commonly touched surfaces such as:
- Doorknobs and Railings
- Remote controls/gaming devices
- Light switches
- Counter tops and faucets